Summer/Autumn Tour 2019 - Grand Union Canal
We are off up to Braunston over the summer visiting towns, marinas and festivals along the way.
Our programme includes film screenings, poetry readings and exhibitions. We are delighted to be hosting the exhibition "A Small Box of River" a collaboration between artist Jake Attree and poet Robert Powell. PLUS prints and cards from members of the Guild of Waterway Artists.
- Packet Boat Marina, Cowley: May 10-11
- The Rickmansworth Festival: May 18-19
- Berkhampsted Town: May 24-26
June - Travelling
- Weedon Bec: July 6-8
- Long Buckby: July 9
- Braunston: July 15
- Stoke Bruerne: 20-23 July (Poetry Afloat Saturday 20)
- Cosgrove: 27-28 July
- Milton Keynes: July 31-August 4 (Poetry Afloat Saturday 3)
- Leighton Buzzard: August 10-11
- Berkhamsted: August 17-18 (Poetry Afloat Saturday 17)
- Angel Canal Festival, London: Aug 24-Sept 1
- River Wey Tour: 14-27 Sept
- Wey Festival, Dapdune Wharf: Sept 21-22: Screening of TIDES film, Friday Sept 20
- Paddington Basin: October 4-13 (TBC)
- King's Cross: October 18-27 (TBC)
We will be updating our calendar as we go adding new events.
Invite us to your location/event
We are often invited or arrange residencies for waterside businesses and marinas. Our activities add to the vitality of the locale enhancing existing services and activities provided by the location owners. We are always happy to tailor a programme for locations. Get in touch with us if you would like to discuss a visit.
What locations have said
"It was great to welcome Barge Fiodra to Merchant Square during our Mindful March event - The mindfulness workshops, meditation, yoga and educational film screenings tied in well with our events programme. There was a lot of interest in the barge and its activities with our occupiers and residents on the estate as well as other visitors. The crew were easy to work with and we would be happy to recommend them."
Natasha Harbinson, Events and Marketing Executive, Merchant Square, London 2018
The skipper of Fiodra, Bob Chase, has 10 years experience of venue management with Hertsmere Council and over 30 years experience of boats and canals. All events are run safely and Fiodra complies with all necessary legal requirements.
- Fiodra registered as a food business with Dacorum Borough Council. Food Hygiene Rating 5
- Fiodra is licensed by the Canal and River Trust as a Roving Trader
- Safety Risk Assessments are made at each location/venue
- Fiodra has a commercial Boat Safety Scheme certificate
- Fiodra is insured for public performances
- We obtain commercial screening licenses for all films from the relevant distributor.
- Mindfulness activities taught in line with the UK Network Good Practice Guidelines